Emily: Wow. [[Deep breath]] Oh. Goodness. Can I just have a moment please? [[Inhale… exhale]] It’s just that I have never won an award before. Like ever. Oh, except that one time in 6th grade when I was nominated D.A.R.E Kid of the Year. Leave it to the timid Chinese girl with Coke bottle glasses and ‘Exceeds Expectations’ report cards to be voted least likely to fuck up. I remember the first time I was offered drugs in high school. My DARE memories kicked into high gear as I said no thanks to ecstasy and swallowed Smarties instead. Let the placebo effect begin. Ahem, anyways, now for my acceptance speech.
I’d like to thank Chris because without Chris this blog would just be titled EmilyTalks and would have zero posts. He really
forces pushes and motivates me to write. I’d also like to thank my parents for enrolling me in Kumon all those years I grumbled at extra homework because, who knows, maybe I’d be illiterate right now if they didn’t. The Arizona public school system is meager, at best. Oh, and WordPress, for hosting our blog… for free! And of course to all of our followers and subscribers. You are zee best… especially the hilarious Mindy who nominated us for this award!
Chris: Yes, thank you Mindy for the nomination and the entertaining blog posts. Quite frankly, I’m surprised anytime someone not named Chris or Emily reads this blog. But really, to anyone who reads and likes what we put out, just know that your positive reinforcement is going to help our infant blog grow up to be an emotionally healthy, well-adjusted adult blog, so thank you.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add their link.
- List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do.
- Tell 7 hidden facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-10-15 other bloggers.
- Contact your nominees and provide a link to your post.
- Display the award logo (button) on your blog, whether on your sidebar or about page, or special award page.
- Emily: The volume on the TV, stereo, etc., must be on an increment of 5 otherwise I just might lose it.
- Emily: I am terrible at memorizing dates and names. If I don’t see it written it just won’t stick. (Chris: She still doesn’t know my birthday, no lie.)
- Emily: I want to quit my job to save elephants in Thailand. Or Antarctica. No elephants in Antarctica? I will import elephants.
- Chris: My favorite writer of all time is Roger Ebert. He was able to articulate the true essence of a movie with every review. He’s my number 1 inspiration as a writer. The movie industry won’t be the same without him.
- Chris: My favorite musician is George Harrison. They called him the quiet Beatle. I can definitely relate – I was a total wallflower all throughout high school and college.
- Chris: I was one of three Asian boys in my 6th grade class – there was me, one FOB who couldn’t speak English, and another kid who ditched school constantly. As a result, the other students voted me class treasurer. I’m pretty sure I didn’t ask to be treasurer, they just figured the Asian boy who can talk is probably good with numbers. This was the first time a racial stereotype worked in my advantage.
- Chris & Emily: Quality time consists of scratching one another’s back and saying, “Higher. To the left. Lower. To the right… Ahhhhh.“
We’d Like to Nominate 7 Bloggers (because we break rules):
1. Dear Men of LA – Being located in these neck of the woods, we find this blog to be particularly amusing and entertaining. Although it’s addressed to men of LA, the message can expand to a far greater male audience.
2. Emily’s Posts – Another great blog with a great sense of humor. Emily will take you through her dating roller coaster and daily musings.
3. A Thomas Point of View – A very honest journalistic journey of a single mom facing challenges in the dating and parenting.
4. Captain Awkward – A screenplay writer and director who gives the off-camera reality of any questions you want answered on relationships, life, etc.
5. Kidbluboo – A great personal blog with insights discovered through daily experiences.
6. Darkpink – Inspiring through capturing beautiful photography.
7. Generation YRA – A financially savvy millennial teaching the importance of saving and the basics of personal finance.
Thanks for supporting us through our blogging journey!
Congratulations on this award, and thank you very much for passing it on to me.. hugs ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love the idea for your blog! I’m enjoying the posts 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Congrats! I like your analogy to an infant growing into a well adjusted adult!